Friday, May 18, 2012

Brownie Cookie Cups

Although this week is dedicated to Pinterest dinner I decided it was a good night to try a Pinterest dessert too. I made Brownie Cookie Cups and here is the link to the original post. http://www.stockpilingmoms.com/2012/05/pinterest-daily-pin-browniecookie-cups/

It is a very easy recipe to do and is absolutely delish but I am not the type of person to make cooking easier on myself so I didn't use the box mix or refrigerated cookie dough so here are the recipes I used.

Chocolate chip cookies

1/2 C Shortening (I use butter flavored)
1/2 C Butter or Margarine (I use butter)
1/2 C granulated sugar
1 C packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 C flour
12 oz mini chocolate chips (regular chips are fine too)

Beat shortening and butter for about 30 seconds. Ad the sugars and baking soda, beat until combined.  Beat in eggs and vanilla.. Beat in the flour and then stir in the chips. For regular cookies bake at 375 for 8-10 min.

then I assembled the bottom of the cup in a greased muffin pan.
My peanut butter cups are a little messed up cause it was 85 degrees outside and I had left the windows open all day. The air is on now its going to be in the 90's tomorrow. Next I made the brownies

Cake Brownies
1 1/4 C sugar
3/4 C butter or Margarine (again I used butter)
1/2 C unsweetened cocoa powder
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 C flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 C milk

if making just the brownies grease a 15x 10 pan and heat oven to 350 and bake them for 20 min.

In a pan melt butter, sugar and cocoa powder stirring constantly. Once it is melted but not boiling remove from heat and mix in eggs and vanilla.  In a separate bowl combine flour, soda and powder. Add flour and milk to chocolate alternately.

top the cookie and peanut butter cup with brownie mix until peanut butter cup is completely covered. bake in 375 oven for 18-20 min.

as you can see from the pic that I also have 2 dozen chocolate chip cookies and an 8x8 pan of brownies because my recipes make extra dough but who doesn't love some extra cookies and brownies!!  These are super yummy and I know would be a hit if you took them to a party!

No comments:

Post a Comment