Saturday, August 25, 2012

I am Back!

I know it been along time but I had summer fever.  Once the temperature gets over 80 degrees I can't stay in the house. Now it is time for me to get back to cooking and cleaning and whole lot of craft projects that I have put off for the last couple months.  The best part of summer for me is that we can plant a garden and now I finally get to eat that delish goodness.  So tomatoes are filling everyones vines so we have made alot and I mean alot of salsa, spaghetti sauce and next up I will stew some tomatoes for chili this winter.  I also will be starting to make jams and jelly this week as everyone has asked for baskets of jelly for Christmas this year.

salsa, salsa and more salsa.

this my ancient method of making spaghetti sauce.

best spaghetti sauce ever.


Now my family and friends that I am one awesome spaghetti sauce maker and steal these out of my pantry all the time but the truth is all I do is boil the tomatoes and the push them thru the strainer to remove seeds and skins. Then the seasoning is McCormicks Thick and Zesty spaghetti sauce seasoning. I don't fallow the directions on the seasoning because I use the fresh tomatoes and it calls for paste.  I use about 2-2 1/2 C of tomato for every packet of seasoning and a tablespoon of vegetable oil boil for 10 min and then I can it or use that day. Let me tell you it is so good I will never buy premade spaghetti sauce again.

No comments:

Post a Comment