Saturday, August 25, 2012

Turtles? Sort of!

Well yesterday I had a huge craving for chocolate so I decided to make a version of turtles. I wanted more caramel and chocolate then I did nuts to here is wheat I made.

First I melted 15 Brach's caramels.

after it was good and melty I mix in 1/4 C to 1/2 of pecan pieces. Once mixed I let cool just long enough that I could handle them.  I rolled it into small balls and then pressed flat.



then time to melt the chocolate. I used Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate chips about 1 cup or 6 oz. Once they are melted drop the caramels into chocolate and remove with a fork or fingers depending on if you want to lick your fingers cool at room temp a few hours for chocolate to harden (do not put in fridge!!!! the caramel will become super hard in the fridge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment