Saturday, August 25, 2012

Zuppa

Well soon the weather will change and we will all be looking for some recipes to keep us warm and this is one of my favorites.  I found this recipe online a few years ago. I feel bad because I did not write down the website I got it from and since then this recipe has shown up on many websites and all claim credit for it. I will not claim credit because it is not mine and if anyone knows the originator of this recipe please let me know so I can give them credit.

Zuppa Toscana

1 lbs ground Italian sausage
1 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1 large dice onion
4 strips of bacon (cut into bit size pieces)
2 tsp minced garlic
10 C water
5 chicken bouillon cubes
1 C heavy cream
1 lbs or 3 large russet potatoes, sliced
1/2 a bunch of kale, cut into small pieces

1. saute the Italian sausage and red pepper flakes til sausage is brown. remove from heat and set aside.  Cook bacon pieces, onions and garlic in a large pot till bacon is cook and onions are soft.

2. add water and bouillon to pot and bring to a boil.

3. add potatoes to pot and boil for 30 min.

4. add cream, sausage and kale to pot and cook till heated then serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment