Monday, January 5, 2015

Barcelona Chicken

This recipe is one of those that you read and think that's a strange one but the results are delicious.

You will need:
4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
9 oz frozen artichoke hearts (the store I was at only had canned and it worked out just fine)
1 medium onion cut in 1/2 inch pieces
2 tablespoons flour
8 oz can whole tomatoes
2/3 cup picante sauce
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves
Coarsely chopped cilantro
Rice

Place chicken in a single layer in baking dish.

In a bowl toss artichokes and onion in the flour. Because I used canned and not frozen artichokes I was easily able to cut each artichoke in 4ths. While not part of the original recipe I loved it because almost every bit had artichoke.

Mix in remaining ingredients except for the cilantro and rice. Mix well and then pour over the chicken.

Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or over night.

When you are ready for dinner place chicken and sauce in a large skillet, arrange chicken into a single layer. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 min or until chicken is cooked through.

Serve over rice and top with a little cilantro. I usually serve with a side of sautéed asparagus.
Trust me it is just as good if not better tasting then it looks. I love this chicken dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment