Sunday, January 4, 2015

Taco Casserole

I made this casserole with my moms taco salad and it was a hit. Here is salad: http://tristastastytidbits.blogspot.com/2015/01/my-mom-taco-salad.html

Now I found this recipe going through some old cook books. This recipe is super easy and fast. I decided to make it because I was intrigued by the use of crescent rolls and mozzarella cheese in a taco dish.

You will need:
1-1/2 pounds ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 package of taco seasoning
8 oz tomato sauce
1 cup sour cream
2 cups mozzarella 
1 can of crescent rolls
2 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese

Brown ground beef and onion together and then drain well. Stir taco seasoning into meat with the tomato sauce.

Grease a 9x13 pan. Pour meat mixture into bottom of pan.

Top with sour cream and mozzarella. Desperate rolls and place on top of cheese. Pour melted butter on top of the rolls and then sprinkle with Parmesan.

Bake for 20 min in a 375 degree oven.

You can serve like this or top with lettuce and tomato.

No comments:

Post a Comment