Sunday, January 4, 2015

My mom's taco salad

My mother. Oh what can say about her? I love her, she is one of the kindest people (borderline that I'm so nice it's crazy type) but she can not cook. My sister and I have jokes for years that we grew up on Hamburger Helper. She had a few other staples she made most of which my kids think are not actual food. However she did make this simple salad for pot lucks and parties (the only food anyone trusted her with). I was craving it the other day and made a full batch (enough for a pot luck) and my family ate the whole thing!!! So here is a recipe so easy even my mom can make it and we thank her for passing it down.

What you need:
1 pound ground beef
1 head of lettuce
1 onion -diced
1 tomato - diced
1 jar of light red kidney beans
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 - 1/2 cups Catalina salad dressing
3 cups Fritos

First you will need to brown the ground beef. Get the ground beef crumbles pretty fine like you would for tacos. Drain the fat from the beef and cool the beef in the fridge.

Cut up lettuce and then mix lettuce, onion, tomato, beans and cheese  together in a large bowl. Once the beef is cooled mix it into the salad. 

Right before serving mix in the dressing and crumbled Fritos.



No comments:

Post a Comment