Sunday, November 16, 2014

Anise Almond Bread



This is one of my favorite breads. I make when we are having any type of soup or guest come over. I make this in a bread machine but if you don't have one don't worry I will post directions on how to convert the recipe to oven baking.

You will need:

3/4 cup warm water
1 egg
1/4 cup softened butter
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoons salt
3 cups bread flour
1 teaspoon anise seeds
2 teaspoons dry active yeast
1/2 cup chopped almonds

Put ingredients in your bread machine according to your machine manufacturers directions. Mine and most bread machine is wet ingredients first then dry and yeast on top. Set it to the 2 lbs loaf and lightest crust. And let the machine do its work.

2 things I want to mention you need bread flour or this recipie. This gives the bread the light chewie texture.

Also as you can see from the top picture I used sliced almonds and the crushed them up. This works well but isn't any better then chopped almonds. I just got this giant bag of sliced almond from my grandmother as a present. (Strange present I know but I love it)


Oven baked:
First mix warm water, salt, sugar and yeast. Let this sit for 5 min. 

Mix dry ingredients together and then add butter, egg and water mixture.

After the dough is mixed together you will need to knead the dough either by hand or with and electric kneading hook for 10 min. 

Place the dough in a greased bowl and allow to rise for 30-45 min. Punch down  and then place in a greased loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment