Wednesday, November 19, 2014

French onion soup



I am not going to lie this recipie is probably going to make you cry. It is so so worth every tear though.

You will need:
6 white onions
64 oz beef broth
1 stick of butter
Garlic
Salt and pepper
Bread (most recipes use French but I use Asiago, you can use whichever bread you like)
Provolone cheese

First you will need to slice the onions thinly. This is the part that makes me cry everyte. I usually step out of the kitchen for a minute after every onion. 
Look at all those onions.

Then melt your butter in your pot. Add onions and cook until tender. Do not brown onions. Add garlic I use about 2 cloves or a heaping tablespoon. And a little salt and pepper. Stir in beef broth and simmer for 30 min.

To finish soup heat you broiler. Pour soup into bowls. To make it easier to get the soup out of the oven I place the bowls on a cookie sheet. Top the soup with bread and then place a slice of cheese on top of the bread. Place under broiler for about 4 min. Or until cheese is melted and starting to slightly brown.  Be careful the bowls will be hot. 



No comments:

Post a Comment