Friday, November 14, 2014

Crock pot chicken

LI learned today that not everyone know about the joys of cooking a whole chicken in a slow cooker. This is one of my favorite methods of cooking chicken and my family feels like they are getting a huge treat.

All you need is:
A whole fryer chicken
A slow cooker
And seasoning of chose (I use Lawry's salt and garlic powder but any seasoning you like will work)


Just place chicken in slow cooker and sprinkle on seasoning and allow to cook 6-8 hours on low or 4 hours on high.  You do not need to add any water or broth, the natural juice of the chicken will do the work for you. The chicken will just fall off the bone.
Mine came out on 4 pieces it was so juicy and tender. And the best part (in my opinion) is all the juices left in the cooker make great gravy.

Yum gravy. Which is just the dripping and juices from the cooker with corn starch whisked in until desired thickness. I also seasoned with a little Lawry's salt.

I made some mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, and some homemade bread. 

No comments:

Post a Comment