Monday, June 18, 2012

Flag Pie

So we had a family BBQ for Fathers Day. I made potato salad, coleslaw, beans, smoked ribs, beer can chicken, and pulled pork and I made this pie which I wanted to try before the 4th of July to make sure I don't screw it up. 

I used store bought pie crust (I know not my thing but I had enough cooking to do) I put the crust in the bottom of the pie pan and then used my "pie saver" that you can get at walmart and most retail stores (it is normally used after you cut the pie to keep the sides from getting hard) but you don't need one it just made it easier to get the filling where I wanted it.

then I filled in the big section with cherry pie filling.

and then I used fresh blueberries and add a little sugar to them for the blue.
Now you roll out the second pie crust and with a pizza cutter make some stripes. I made some for around the blueberries too. Then I cut out 2 stars from the rest of the crust.

Bake in a 425 degree oven for 40 min and you have an awesome flag pie.



No comments:

Post a Comment