Thursday, June 21, 2012

Mini Deep Dish

I decided to make pizza night a little more fun for the kiddos tonight by make them each there very own mini deep dish.  First I made the dough.

Pizza dough

2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
1 1/2 cups warm water
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour

In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast and brown sugar in the water, and let sit for 10 minutes.

Stir the salt and oil into the yeast solution. Mix in 2 1/2 cups of the flour.

Turn dough out onto a clean, well floured surface, and knead in more flour until the dough is no longer sticky. Place the dough into a well oiled bowl, and cover with a cloth. Let the dough rise until double; this should take about 1 hour.

 Punch down the dough, and form a tight ball. Allow the dough to relax for a minute before rolling out. 

Instead of rolling it out I greased the underside of a muffin pan and placed the dough over the top.


 I baked them for 10 minutes in a 400 degree oven and then removed them from the pan. I did have to cut them to separate a couple of them.  Then I placed them on a cookie sheet to fill.


Next I put a Tablespoon of pizza sauce into the dough.


I placed a pepperoni in them but you could put anything you want in them.


Top with cheese. Remember they are deep dishes so really fill them to the top.


You can stop with just the cheese but I decided to put a couple of pepperonis on top.


Bake for another 10 minutes in a 400 degree oven and you have a yummy personal deep dish pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment