Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Frappuccino

I decided to try my hand at making a caramel frappuccino.  I must say they turned out great.  You can also make a Mocha frappuccino by switching out the caramel for chocolate syrup.
First I made the caramel syrup. You can always by store bought but I have never been known to do things the easy way. (except for apple turns over, Pillsbury perfected that and who am I to mess with perfection)

Caramel Sauce

1/2 C packed brown sugar
1 Tbsp corn starch
1/4 C water
1/3 C light cream or half and half. ( I had neither so I mixed half milk and half heavy cream)
2 Tbsp light corn syrup
1 Tbsp butter
1/2 tsp vanilla

mix brown sugar, corn starch, water in sauce pan then add the cream and corn syrup. cook stirring constantly until thick and bubbly and then cook 2 minutes more. Remove from heat and add the butter and vanilla stir till smooth. chill. keep extra refrigerated.


Caramel Frappuccino

3 oz of cold strong coffee. I used instant and double the coffee per water.
1 C ice
1/2 low fat milk
1 and 1/2 Tbsp sugar
1 and 1/2 Tbsp caramel sauce

place all in blender and blend til smooth.  Top with a little caramel sauce.  This makes about a grande size you could double it if you are more venti person.

No comments:

Post a Comment