Monday, June 18, 2012

Port Wine Chicken

Well its been awhile since I posted some tasty things because it is summer and that mean pool and grilling in this house.  I did manage to spend a minute in my kitchen a few days ago and I made Port wine Chicken that is yet another Pinterest recipe. (I am really loving trying all these new thing from pinterest). The original recipe can be found here. This recipe is super easy and very yummy!!! Everyone love it even the kids after they got past the fact that the chicken was red.

First I bought chicken Leg Quarters because it was cheaper then buying the thighs and leg separate and then I just cut them apart myself.


season them with salt and pepper and then brown them in a pan with alittle hot olive oil. Then remove them them from pan
then add one chopped onion and some chopped parsley to the pan and cook til onions begin to caramelize. Then add mushrooms I just used 16 oz of mushrooms I had in my fridge.
cook the mushrooms for about 3 minutes then place the chicken back in the pan and add a Port Wine.
then cover and simmer for about 30 min. Remove chicken and add a stick a butter to the wine to make the sauce.  Now I know it isn't pretty but trust me it is so yummy and the chicken is super tender


No comments:

Post a Comment