Monday, June 25, 2012

Honey Garlic Chicken

Honey Garlic Chicken is another pinterest recipe that I decided to try and let me tell you this one is to die for. You can find the recipe here.

Now I went to the store to get the meat mallet and some how got home and hadn't bought one. I know this has happened to everyone you come home without the one thing you went for.  So I put the chicken in between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and beat it till it was flat with a rolling pin.

Then mix in a bowl

2 cup flour
4 tsp salt
4 tsp black pepper
3 tbsp ground ginger
2 tbsp ground nutmeg
2 tsp ground thyme
2 tsp ground sage
2 tbsp paprika
1 tsp cayenne pepper

and in a separate bowl mix

4 eggs
8 tbsp water

put a little salt and pepper on each piece of chicken. Then dip in flour mix, the the egg and then back in the flour and place in a pan of hot oil (the recipe calls for canola oil I didn't have any so I used peanut oil) and cook about 5 min a side.

Now you can stop here and enjoy the chicken which is so yummy as you can tell I cut a piece off to snack on as I was finish the rest and it was not my last taste.


Then you can make the sauce and pour over them.

2 tbsp olive oil
3 – 4 cloves minced garlic

cook for about 2 min to soften the garlic

then add

1 cup honey
¼ cup soy sauce (low sodium soy sauce is best)
1 tsp ground black pepper

and simmer about 5 min then dip the chicken or pour over the chicken.


I forgot to take pic of the finished chicken but let me tell you this will being staying at the top of recipe list.

No comments:

Post a Comment