Monday, May 28, 2012

Broccoli biscuit Casserole

Well today I set out to make another pinterest meal but when I went to the kitchen I found that the only ingredient I had was broccoli and because a storm I decided it was a make something up night.

1 package of buttermilk biscuits (10 biscuits)
2-16 oz jars classic Alfredo sauce
3 Tbs butter
1 onion, chopped
2 oz pimentos, drained
2 C Kale, chopped (I just tear apart)
1 C chicken, cooked and chopped (can add more if you like it meatier)
2-14 oz bags frozen broccoli florets

First I cooked 10 buttermilk biscuits on a cookie sheet for 5 min at 375 just to get them cooked on the bottom a bit (they will be going on top of the casserole and I hate when the bottom is kinda soft).

Melt butter in pan and then add onions and cook til softened.  Add the Chicken, pimento, and kale and cook till kale is softened. 


 Add the Alfredo sauce and simmer about 5 min.

Meanwhile I heated the broccoli in the microwave to save on baking time.

Mix broccoli into the mix and transfer to baking dish. Top with the biscuits. Bake for 10 -15 min at 375.

Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment