Friday, May 18, 2012

Green Goddes Grilled Cheese

Green Goddess Grilled Cheese

This was day one of my week of Pinterest dinners.  I always start my "food week" on Friday because that is my shopping day and the Schwans guy comes every other Friday.  I chose the Green Goddess Grilled Cheese, it is a recipe that my husband and I have been drooling over for a while now but for whatever reason never got around to making it.

First I made the pesto with a few modifications. I left out the sardine cause that is one of those foods that I have never been able to bring myself to even try and I new if anyone else saw me add it then this dinner night would be fight to get them to eat.  So I add some salt to make up for the loss from the sardine. Also I substitute green onions for the chive because I had some in the fridge already and I used a whole shallot.
I did just throw it all in and not break it up since the food processor can handle that job.  Then onto spreading it onto the bread.

Then of course it was time to build the sandwich.
And lastly grilled them on my skillet.

And they were delishes!!!!!!  My husband was at a lose for words all he said was "MMMMMmmmm!" My father on the other had tried his first avocado and discovered he didn't like them. So he tore his apart but once the avocados were gone he loved them too.  If you would like to give them a try here is the link to the original post. http://diana212m.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/green-goddess-grilled-cheese-sandwich.html

No comments:

Post a Comment