Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Smoked BBQ pork sandwich

I decided to smoke a pork shoulder for sandwiches today.  I do not have a smoker but I found this little gadget at my local hardware store. If you want one just ask if they have a smoker box.

First I soaked Hickory chips in water for 10 min. Then I put them in the smoker box on my gas grill and wait about 5 min so it starts to smoke or is close to smoking.  I covered the shoulder in Cookies Flavor Enhancer.

Then I placed the shoulder on the grill on the side with the flame off.  I smoked it for about 4 hours but the longer you smoke it the smoker the flavor. I let it stand about 10 min before I shredded it with a fork.

I covered it in the BBQ sauce you can make from here but you could use any BBQ sauce you like.

Then put it on a bun and top it the way you like (mustard, onions, cheese, etc.) I top mine with coleslaw. The coleslaw I made is super easy




Coleslaw

1 bag coleslaw mix
1 C mayo
2 Tbs sugar
2 tsp celery seed
1/4 C red whine vinegar

mix all together and let sit in fridge for 2 hrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment